Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
The poster for the original had the three of them looking up at an ominous looking sky with the logo, and that was it. The GB II poster had them in front of the new logo and that was it (although the slime blowers were new).

I like the relative simplicity of these posters and I think it keeps in line with the fact that this is a movie still shrouded in mystery. Also I don't think they need to worry about showing the faces of the actors in every poster, not when you have the Ecto and the logo front and center.
Dr.D, Kingpin liked this
Yeah I can see kind of see why people think it's more of a teaser poster than the final one. It still feels like it's building to something.

Still like 'm though. Would love it if they made a poster in the style from those new poster in the positions of this one.

That being said, those two new posters feel more mature and family, and this more kiddy.
SpaceBallz liked this
WorldofthePsychic wrote:Wow... The contrarians even get triggered by posters. What a world we live in...

On a different note, I love them! I wish my niece still worked at the movie theater so they could get me one as they did for the original teaser trailer that says "Summer 2020" on the bottom. The two together would look great on my walls and pose as a sort of testimonial of the time we've been through to finally see this film.
Hyperbole at its finest. What a world we live in. Nobody is triggered over a poster. Some like it and some don't. Nobody has lost their mind over it.
deadderek, Wafflerobot, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 1:03 pm
WorldofthePsychic wrote:Wow... The contrarians even get triggered by posters. What a world we live in...

On a different note, I love them! I wish my niece still worked at the movie theater so they could get me one as they did for the original teaser trailer that says "Summer 2020" on the bottom. The two together would look great on my walls and pose as a sort of testimonial of the time we've been through to finally see this film.
Hyperbole at its finest. What a world we live in. Nobody is triggered over a poster. Some like it and some don't. Nobody has lost their mind over it.
I've lost my mind because of happyness! I'm so glad we got great artwork for this true sequel after 16 years of having Sony's photoshop trainee doing all of the Ghostbusters stuff. The 2005 and following DVD- and Blu Ray covers were awful and the ATC posters were overfilled and put together without any sense of aesthetics. Well, at least imho.
Now this, especially the one one the street, looks like an actual motion picture poster and it mirrors the 1984 poster perfectly. The green cloud, the street, the perspective - but modern. I'm sure they'll put the popular names on it if they use this as a final poster, so everything will be okay. And yeah, there's something of "holding back" in it, but I think that's just because we know the Originals will be in it but remember, Jason said the audience wasn't supposed to know about them originally so this may be it.
The other poster is good, too, but I think it looks less epic and serves more as a good 2021'ish Blu Ray cover.
WorldofthePsychic liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

(starang beat me to most of this already)
Ecto24601 wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 11:55 amThey are identical in tone, color
Tone and colour I can agree with, and surely that's not a bad thing, but part of a consistent marketing campaign?
Ecto24601 wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 11:55 amand composition to the "teaser".
Here's where we're in disagreement, however... Yeah, all three feature Ecto-1, the energy in the sky and general summer/country tonal elements and colours, but these new posters show us the core characters.

I think ultimately they achieve the point they're setting out to do: to underscore that this is a Ghostbusters film tied into the previous one, but highlighting that with the old there's significant new stuff.

And ultimately... The designs are consistent with the historical offerings as well:

But THOSE look like ghostbusters posters

Theres a sense “team” to the original two. Look how theyre lined together ready to have each others back while facing about into the unknown.

Both say : “Were not sure what were getting into but were a team and the only ones who can do it.”

New one doesnt have that flair of thematics to it. Just ecto with some confused people scattered around it.

I still think the Clue art should've been the new poster. But thats just me.
Wafflerobot wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 9:40 am
RichardLess wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 9:20 am My god what are they thinking?
I gotta disagree with you man, I love that poster with their backs to us.
You misunderstand. I like it..as a piece of art. But as a marketing tool? it’s terrible. I should’ve been clearer about that. Joe and Jane 6 pack are not us. They don’t know the silhouette of the characters. It’s especially odd given that that have an option with the characters facing the camera.
BatDan wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 2:43 pm But THOSE look like ghostbusters posters

Theres a sense “team” to the original two. Look how theyre lined together ready to have each others back while facing about into the unknown.

Both say : “Were not sure what were getting into but were a team and the only ones who can do it.”

New one doesnt have that flair of thematics to it. Just ecto with some confused people scattered around it.

I still think the Clue art should've been the new poster. But thats just me.
I totally get a "family" ( = people you like) feeling from these new ones.
I like both, but I absolutely prefer the poster with the actors/characters facing us.
Finn Wolfhard with a complete (from first glance, unaltered) proton pack is a nice treat as well!
SpaceBallz wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 4:42 pm Finn Wolfhard with a complete (from first glance, unaltered) proton pack is a nice treat as well!
It's the same Proton Pack phoebe's holding, you can just about make out the yellow hose beside the ribbon cable.
I NEED this in my life. Target stores in Texas these are showing up:
I'd just gone to a target in what seems like forever. The Ghostbusters display was picked over otherwise i'd have snapped a pic, and I did find a cute little uniform for my dog but it was the wrong size and their last one. I will be getting the staypuft inflatable my next trip.

Now if we can get some GB logo halloween string lights that would be awesome. I did see the new 20 dollar PKE meter and trust me when I say it it looks like it was built for five bucks. Sticking with my matty collection.
WorldofthePsychic wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 11:44 am Wow... The contrarians even get triggered by posters. What a world we live in...

Can we just ban the word “triggered” from fan discourse from now on? Here’s an idea. Everytime someone has the urge to use to word “triggered” swap the word “opinion”, “upset” or “care” in instead. Cool? Cool.

“Triggered” It’s a bit condescending and holier than thou, no? Maybe it’s just me.

“Oh look! Something provoked you enough to have an opinion! How can I make that person feel like an idiot for caring about something? Oh. Oh I know! I’ll use the name for the thing on a gun a person squeezes to make the bullet come out! A trigger! Yes. This will catch on and be used in pop culture debates exclusively!”- Some asshole
deadderek, Sav C liked this
I love the domestic US poster but the international one...seems a bit too photoshopped to me. Like, it feels like separate images composited together in a rush and just doesn't feel organic.

But the first one, it feels almost as if its a comic book cover...ya know. i cant fully describe how or why, but its really fantastic.
deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 10:57 pm
WorldofthePsychic wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 11:44 am Wow... The contrarians even get triggered by posters. What a world we live in...

Can we just ban the word “triggered” from fan discourse from now on? Here’s an idea. Everytime someone has the urge to use to word “triggered” swap the word “opinion”, “upset” or “care” in instead. Cool? Cool.

“Triggered” It’s a bit condescending and holier than thou, no? Maybe it’s just me.

“Oh look! Something provoked you enough to have an opinion! How can I make that person feel like an idiot for caring about something? Oh. Oh I know! I’ll use the name for the thing on a gun a person squeezes to make the bullet come out! A trigger! Yes. This will catch on and be used in pop culture debates exclusively!”- Some asshole
You seem triggered, sir....

SORRY! SORRY! I had to.

Really loving both posters and I'm having trouble figuring out which one to add to my wall.
zeta otaku wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 11:28 pm
RichardLess wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 10:57 pm

You seem triggered, sir....

SORRY! SORRY! I had to.
WHY YOU LITTLE…

I guess I had that coming didn’t I?

I wonder if Tigger was triggered by Tiger teeing his Titleist for title of top of the tournament
zeta otaku liked this
Is Phoebe's proton pack missing the bottom two cyclotron lights, or is it just wonky photoshop? Or is it just the angle and I need better glasses?

(Given that my day today is trying to correct some trees in stills for TV, I'm well on the side of wonky photoshoppers right now! Give me short cuts anytime!)
robbritton wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 2:23 am Is Phoebe's proton pack missing the bottom two cyclotron lights, or is it just wonky photoshop? Or is it just the angle and I need better glasses?

(Given that my day today is trying to correct some trees in stills for TV, I'm well on the side of wonky photoshoppers right now! Give me short cuts anytime!)
They're there... well, at least 3 of them are XD I had to zoom in a bit, but you can JUST about see one just below the blue label on the bumper, but the last one is obscured by the bumper itself due to the angle and the way the light is playing off the pack. That third one below the blue label is affected by the angle, light, and the plants in front of it. It just kinda works together to really hide it.

OR my mind is filling in that particular blank because I know it should be there and it's tricking me into THINKING I see it.

Now that I've completely destroyed that whole first paragraph I wrote... can... can we get a third person to weigh in on this please?
robbritton liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]